- Media Interview Skills Workshops & Seminars
- Public Speaking Skills Workshops & Seminars
- Speech Writing & Rehearsal
Evelyn Kanter is an award-winning former network television news producer and investigative reporter, who switched from the bright lights and microphones to become a freelance journalist for top newspapers, magazines and websites, and a travel guidebook author and corporate speech writer.
I’m the only media interview skills and public speaking skills coach with an insider’s expertise of all newsroom, studio, publishing and public speaking situations.
Over the years I’ve worked with top executives of Fortune 100 companies and international celebrities and authors to prepare them for broadcast interviews, speeches and other presentations. Names you’ll recognize include Paris Hilton, Oprah’s sex therapy guru Dr. Laura Berman, and former Miss America and TV star Vanessa Williams.
Prepare for your 15 minutes of fame. Don’t waste it.
|Improve your confidence and control: |
- Media interviews
- News conferences
- VNRs and SMTs
- Crisis communications
- Speeches and panel discussions
- IPOs and new business presentations
- Legislative and legal testimony
|Workshops and invididual sessions are customized to meet the particular needs of the individuals being coached and the precise goals of their corporation or organization, to improve skills communicating critical messages. Sessions include a combination of exercises and videotaped role-play interviews, rehearsals and critiques. |
|Contact [email protected] to learn more about improving your media opportunities and public speaking results. |
Contact [email protected] for a client list, fee structure or current workshops and seminars.
|What You Will Master: |
- Tips and tactics to control nervousness
- Tailor comments for specific media and audiences
- What happens before and after an interview or speech
- Prioritize and script your “must say” message
- Differences between broadcast and print
- Tricks reporters use and how to avoid them
- Differences between interviews by experts and generalists, and how to maximize either
- What to say when you don’t want to comment
- Turn negative questions into positive responses
- Appropriate body language
- What to wear and what to avoid wearing
- Avoiding the pitfalls of “off-the-record”
- Thinking in phrases instead of words
- Maintaining your energy and their interest
- Differences between large and small audiences
- Creating, integrating and using powerful visuals
- Making it comm-YOU-nication